An update to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has just taken place on Steam, totaling around 500MB in size. [UPDATED]
I have seen unconfirmed reports that this update removes audio tracks from the game that were removed for the 360 and mobile re-release of the game. From what we understand the following tracks have been removed.
- Ultramagnetic MC’s - Critical Beatdown
Radio Los Santos
- 2 Pac - I Don’t Give A f*ck
- Compton’s Most Wanted - Hood Took Me Under
- NWA - Express Yourself
- Fatback - Yum Yum
- Roy Ayers - Running Away
- The Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me
- Tom Petty - Running Down A Dream
- Joe Cocker - Woman to Woman
K-JAH West Radio
- Black Harmony - Don’t Let It Go to Your Head
- Blood Sisters - Ring My Bell
- Ozzy Osbourne - Hellraiser
- Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name
Master Sounds 98.3
- Charles Wright - Express Yourself
- The Blackbyrds - Rock Creek Park
- James Brown - Funky President
- Macer & The Macks - Soul Power ‘74
- James Brown - The Payback
- The JB’s - Grunt
There are also reports that the removed audio tracks have been replaced, there is no 1080p resolution and that the audio has been completely replaced.
UPDATE: I have tested out the game since the update and the following are confirmed changes:
- Mouse steering is now enabled by default
- Loading a previous save will now start a new game
I have reached out to Rockstar for a more comprehensive rundown on what the patch has changed.
The game is still on the Steam store but you have been unable to buy the game for a very long time.