I never thought I'd see the day when Pool Nation received an update - it has been almost a year since the last one after all.
An announcement on the Steam forums earlier this week revealed that an update was in the works and in the final testing stages, with the aim to release it next week.
The biggest changes are that of the inclusion of Box of Tricks, which was due at the beginning of the year, as well as red/yellow balls for the UK version of pool.
As of yet we don't have a complete change log but the announcement did mention that the following will be making it to the update, with more to come when the update is released.
- The Box of Tricks - unlocked - our sandbox mode developed for the creation of trickshots, this is a workshop enabled feature and provides another element to the game of billiards. Add objects to the table, move your balls around and shoot them in the air! Do what you wish with our balls, in this mode, the more creative the better!
- Reds and Yellows with UK rules - enough said! :)
- Free Cam - so you can walk around the table
- New mode icons to show which camera mode you are in to help with new free cam
- You can now enter overhead when in free cam
- New replay display that shows you your playback speed in a nicer way.
- You can now hide the replay panel in replay mode.
- Fix for incorrect reflection maps being used on cues/tables in certain locations.
- Saved archive matches now omit the prepended 'archive_' from the file name when displayed.
- Further fix to prevent non-gaming devices interfering with controls.
With the rumors circulating that a new version of Pool Nation will be created I am very surprised to see that there is in fact an update coming to the game next week. The thing that I am most pleased to see is the fact that the UK rules will be coming to the game, as it was previously mentioned that they would be in the new game.